Get hands-on instruction and practice administering Active Directory technologies in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 in this 5-day Microsoft Official Course. You will learn the skills you need to better manage and protect data access and information, simplify deployment and management of your identity infrastructure, and provide more secure access to data from virtually anywhere. You will learn how to configure some of the key features in Active Directory such as Active Directory Domain Services, Group Policy, Dynamic Access Control, Work Folders, Workplace Join, Certificate Services, Rights Management Services and Federation Services, as well as integrating your on premise environment with cloud based technologies such as Windows Azure Active Directory. As part of the learning experience, you will perform hands-on exercises in a virtual lab environment. NOTE: This course is based on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2. This course is designed for experienced IT professionals who support medium to large enterprises and have fundamental knowledge and experience administering Active Directory.
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) professionals who have Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) experience and are looking for a single course that will further develop knowledge and skills using Access and Information Protection technologies in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2. This would typically include:
- AD DS administrators who are looking to further develop skills in the latest Access and Information Protection technologies with Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- System or Infrastructure administrators with general AD DS experience and knowledge who are looking to build upon that core knowledge and cross-train into advanced Active Directory technologies in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- IT Professionals who have taken the 10967A: Fundamentals of a Windows Server Infrastructure course and are looking to build upon that Active Directory knowledge.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience working with AD DS.
- Experience working in a Windows Server infrastructure enterprise environment.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting core networking infrastructure technologies such as name resolution, IP Addressing, Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Experience with Hyper-V and Server Virtualization concepts.
- An awareness and understanding of general security best practices.
- Experience working hands on with Windows Client operating systems such as Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8.
At Course Completion
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand available solutions for identity management and be able to address scenarios with appropriate solutions.
- Deploy and administer AD DS in Windows Server 2012.
- Secure AD DS deployment.
- Implement AD DS sites, configure and manage replication
- Implement and manage Group Policy
- Manage user settings with Group Policy
- Implement certification authority (CA) hierarchy with AD CS and how to manage CAs.
- Implement, deploy and manage certificates.
- Implement and manage AD RMS.
- Implement and administer AD FS.
- Secure and provision data access using technologies such as Dynamic Access Control, Work Folders and Workplace Join
- Monitor, troubleshoot and establish business continuity for AD DS services.
- Implement Windows Azure Active Directory.
Implement and administer Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS
Module 1: Overview of Access and Information Protection
This module explains Access and Information Protection (AIP) solutions from the business perspective and maps business problems to technical solutions.
- Introduction to Access and Information Protection Solutions in Business
- Overview of AIP Solutions in Windows Server 2012
- Overview of Forefront Identity Manager 2010 R2
Module 2: Advanced Deployment and Administration of AD DS
This module explains how to deploy AD DS remotely and describes the virtualization safeguards, cloning abilities and extending AD DS to the cloud.
- Deploying AD DS
- Deploying and Cloning Virtual Domain Controllers
- Deploying Domain Controllers in Windows Azure
- Administering AD DS
Module 3: Securing Active Directory Domain Services
This module describes the threats to domain controllers and what methods can be used to secure the AD DS and its domain controllers.
- Securing Domain Controllers
- Implementing Password and Lockout Policies
- Audit Authentication
Module 4: Monitoring, Managing, and Recovering AD DS
This module explains how to use tools that help monitor performance in real time, and how to record performance over time to spot potential problems by observing performance trends. This module also explains how to optimize and protect your directory service and related identity and access solutions so that if a service does fail, you can restart it as quickly as possible.
- Monitoring AD DS
- Managing the AD DS Database
- AD DS Backup and Recovery Options for AD°DS and Other Identity and Access Solutions
Module 5: Implementing and Administering AD DS Sites and Replication
This module explains how AD DS replicates information between domain controllers within a single site and throughout multiple sites. This module also explains how to create multiple sites and how to monitor replication to help optimize AD DS replication and authentication traffic.
- Overview of AD DS Replication
- Configuring AD DS Sites
- Configuring and Monitoring AD DS Replication
Module 6: Implementing Group Policy
This module describes Group Policy, how it works, and how best to implement it in your organization.
- Introducing Group Policy
- Implementing and Administering GPOs
- Group Policy Scope and Group Policy Processing
- Troubleshooting the Application of GPOs.
Module 7: Managing User Settings with Group Policy
This module describes how to how to use GPO Administrative Templates, Folder Redirection, and Group Policy features to configure users’ computer settings.
- Implementing Administrative Templates
- Configuring Folder Redirection and Scripts
- Configuring Group Policy Preferences
Module 8: Implementing Secure Shared File Access
This module explains how to use Dynamic Access Control (DAC) and Work Folders and how to plan and implement these technologies.
- Overview of DAC
- Implementing DAC Components
- Implementing DAC for Access Control
- Implementing Access Denied Assistance
- Implementing and Managing Work Folders
- Implementing Workplace Join
Module 9: Deploying and Managing Active Directory Certificate Services
This module explain how to deploy and manage CAs.
- Deploying CAs
- Administering CAs
- Troubleshooting, Maintaining, and Monitoring CAs
Module 10: Deploying and Managing Certificates
This module explains how to deploy and manage certificates, configure certificate templates and manage enrollment process. Also, this module describes certificate usage in business environments and about deployment and management of smart cards.
- Deploying and Managing Certificate Templates
- Managing Certificates Deployment, Revocation and Recovery
- Using Certificates in a Business Environment
- Implementing and Managing Smart Cards
Module 11: Implementing and Administering Active Directory Rights Management Services
This module introduces Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS). It also describes how to deploy AD RMS, how to configure content protection, and how to make AD RMS–protected documents available to external users.
- Overview of AD RMS
- Deploying and Managing an AD RMS Infrastructure
- Configuring AD RMS Content Protection
- Configuring External Access to AD RMS
Module 12: Implementing and Administering AD FS
This module explains AD FS, and then provides details on how to configure AD FS in both a single organization scenario and in a partner organization scenario. This module also describes the Web Application Proxy feature in Windows Server 2012 R2 that functions as an AD FS proxy and reverse proxy for web-based applications.
- Overview of AD FS
- Deploying AD FS
- Implementing AD FS for a Single Organization
- Deploying AD FS in a Business to Business Federation Scenario
- Extending AD FS to External Clients
Module 13: Implementing Windows Azure Active Directory
This module explains how to implement Windows Azure Active Directory.
- Overview of Windows Azure Active Directory
- Administering Windows Azure Active Directory
Module 14: Implementing and Administering AD LDS
This module explains how to deploy and configure AD LDS.
- Overview of AD LDS
- Deploying AD LDS
- Configuring AD LDS Instances and Partitions
- Configuring AD LDS Replication