About this course
This is a 3-day ILT course that targets the needs of IT professionals who take part in administering, configuring, and operating Office 365 services in hybrid environments, where part of the infrastructure is hosted on-premises. This course also includes management of identities, authentication, and supporting technologies for Office 365. This course focuses on the skills required to administer and troubleshoot an Office 365 tenant, and key services of Office 365 such as Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and Skype for Business, as well services such as Azure Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), Azure Active Directory Identity Protection, and Azure Active Directory Privileged Identity Management. All these services are covered from the hybrid aspect. This course provides knowledge on how to use Office 365 services for both cloud and on-premises resources.
The primary audience for this course is database and business intelligence (BI) professionals who are familiar with data warehouses and enterprise BI solutions built with SQL Server technologies. Experienced data analysts who want to learn how to use Microsoft technologies for self-service analysis and reporting will also benefit from attending this course.
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
- Knowledge of data warehousing and data modeling principles.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013.
At Course Completion
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan a BI solution.
- Plan SQL Server BI infrastructure.
- Design a data warehouse.
- Design an extract, transform and load (ETL) solution.
- Design analytical data models.
- Plan a BI delivery solution.
- Design a Reporting Services solution.
- Design a Microsoft Excel-based reporting solution.
- Plan a SharePoint Server BI solution.
- Monitor and optimize a BI solution.
- Operate a BI solution.
Module 1: Introduction to Self-Service Business Intelligence
This module introduces self-service BI.
- Extending Enterprise BI
- Microsoft Self-Service BI and Big Data Technologies
Module 2: Self-Service Reporting
This module describes how to use Report Builder as a tool for self-service Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services report authoring.
- Introduction to Self-Service Reporting
- Shared Data Sources and Datasets
- Report Parts
Module 3: Self-Service Data Modeling with PowerPivot
This module describes how to use PowerPivot in Microsoft Excel to create self-service data models for analysis.
- Creating Data Models in Excel with PowerPivot
- Using DAX in a PowerPivot Data Model
Module 4: Importing Data with Power Query
This lesson describes how to use Power Query in Microsoft Excel to find and import data.
- Introduction to Power Query
- Using Power Query to Import Data
Module 5: Visualizing Data with Power View in Microsoft Excel
This module describes how to use Power View in Microsoft Excel to create interactive data visualizations.
- Introduction to Power View
- Creating Dynamic Data Visualizations
Module 6: Visualizing Geographic Data with Power Map
This module describes how to use Power Map in Microsoft Excel to create geographic data visualizations.
- Introduction to Power Map
- Using Power Map
Module 7: Collaborative BI with Microsoft SharePoint Server
This module describes how to use Microsoft SharePoint Server in an enterprise environment to enable users to share PowerPivot workbooks and Power View reports.
- Sharing PowerPivot Workbooks
- Managing PowerPivot Services in SharePoint Server
Using Power View in SharePoint Server
Module 8: The Windows Azure Marketplace Data Market
This module describes how to find and use datasets in the Windows Azure Marketplace.
- Introduction to the Windows Azure Marketplace
- Using Windows Azure Marketplace Data in Microsoft Excel
Module 9: Cloud Collaboration with Power BI for Microsoft Office 365
This module introduces Power BI for Microsoft Office 365, and describes how to use it for cloud-based, collaborative self-service BI.
- Introduction to Power BI
- Natural Language Queries with Q&A
- Sharing Queries
- The Data Management Gateway
Module 10: Introduction to Big Data and Windows Azure HDInsight
This module introduces Big Data concepts and describes the key features of Windows Azure HDInsight.
- Introduction to Big Data
- Windows Azure HDInsight
Module 11: Processing Big Data with Pig and Hive
This module introduces Pig and Hive, and describes how you can use them to process Big Data in Windows Azure HDInsight.
- Processing Big Data with Pig
- Processing Big Data with Hive
Module 12: Implementing Big Data Processing Solutions with Windows Azure HDInsight
This module introduces key Windows Azure HDInsight technologies that enable you to design and implement automated, repeatable Big Data processing solutions that support self-service BI.
- Automating Big Data Processing Tasks
- Integrating Windows Azure HDInsight with Enterprise Data