This two day class is designed for information workers or power users who serve as SharePoint Site Owners or Site Collection Administrators. Students should take this course if they need to know how to manage the team collaboration, document management and social features of Microsoft SharePoint 2013. This class is an excellent prerequisite for IT Professionals who work as SharePoint Server Administrators attending 20331: Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013. This class can be delivered using Site Collections on an in-house server, virtual machines or Office 365.
- SharePoint Site Owners
- SharePoint Site Collection Administrators
- SharePoint Administrators and Developers
Strong SharePoint 2010 or 2013 end user skills or have attended “Introduction to SharePoint 2013 for Collaboration and Document Management” or similar.
At Course Completion
- In this course, you will work with advanced queries to manipulate and index tables. You will also create transactions so that you can choose to save or cancel the data entry process.
- You will:
- Use subqueries to generate query output.
- Manipulate table data by inserting and updating records in a table and deleting records from a table.
- Manipulate the table structure.
- Create views, manipulate data through views, modify the view structure, and drop views.
- Create indexes on table columns and drop inefficient indexes.
- Mark the beginning of a transaction, roll back a transaction, and commit a transaction.
Lesson 1: Using Subqueries to Perform Advanced Querying
- Search Based on Unknown Values
- Compare a Value with Unknown Values
- Search Based on the Existence of Records
- Generate Output Using Correlated Subqueries
- Filter Grouped Data Within Subqueries
- Perform Multiple-Level Subqueries
Lesson 2: Manipulating Table Data
- Insert Data
- Modify and Delete Data
Lesson 3: Manipulating the Table Structure
- Create a Table
- Create a Table with Constraints
- Modify a Table’s Structure
- Back Up Tables
- Delete Tables
Lesson 4: Working with Views
- Create a View
- Manipulate Data in Views
- Create Aliases
- Modify and Delete Views
Lesson 5: Indexing Data
- Create Indexes
- Drop Indexes
Lesson 6: Managing Transactions
- Create Transactions
- Commit Transactions